Put your compassion to work as you earn an associate’s degree in nursing and prepare for your licensure exam. Options include immediate employment or transfer to a four-year college. We also offer a LPN to RN bridge program.
The Application for the Part-Time LPN to RN Opt-In Program Is Now Available
The LPN to RN Opt-In application is open until March 13, 2020.
New Part-Time LPN/RN Program
We are introducing a part-time LPN/RN Program. The application will be available in early January and will be due March 13, 2020. The program will then begin Summer Quarter 2020 through Summer Quarter 2021 (five quarters). Exact days and times are to be determined, but typically they would be two evenings a week and all day Saturday. All classes for application need to be completed by the end of Fall Quarter 2019. Details will be available soon.
Washington is experiencing a shortage of registered nurses in all medical settings. Students who complete Pierce College's Nursing program are trained and ready to begin their career immediately.
Pierce College's Associate Degree in Nursing transfers directly to the University of Washington-Tacoma and Saint Martin's University Bachelor of Science degree program (BSN), allowing students to transition quickly and seamlessly. See the Transfer Options web page for additional information.
Students intending to transfer into a four-year program should work closely with their nursing advisor.
Transfer Institution Information
About the Program
PUBLIC NOTICE OF UPCOMING ACCREDITATION REVIEW VISIT BY THE ACEN
Pierce College wishes to announce that it will host a site visit for continuing accreditation of its nursing program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- You are invited to meet with the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled at Pierce College at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19, 2020, in Room 130 of the Arts and Allied Health Building located at 1601 39th Ave. SE, Puyallup, WA 98374.
- Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to: Dr. Marsal Stoll, Chief Executive Officer Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road Northeast, Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326 Or email: email@example.com
- All written comments should be received by the ACEN by February 4, 2020.
Nursing Program Information
Pierce College offers two options to students to obtain their associate degree in nursing:
- This option is the Traditional ADN (T-ADN) program that students complete in 6 quarters. (32 students accepted every other fall: 2019, 2021, 2023, etc.)
- This option is the LPN-RN Transition program that students complete in 3 quarters beginning in quarter 4. This option is open to applicants who have an active and unencumbered Washington State Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license. (32 students accepted every spring)
Both options prepare students to sit for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). This exam measures the competencies needed to be a safe, effective, entry-level registered nurse.
New Program Coming Summer 2020
Join us for as Pierce College’s First Cohort of LPN-RN Part-Time Evening/Weekend (PTEW) Program. Application cycle opens soon! Check back later in January for additional details.
Interested students are encouraged to attend an information session with our Allied Health Program Manager/Advisor. These are held on a regular basis throughout the year on the Puyallup campus.
|Tue, Jan. 28, 2020||5–7 p.m.||Puyallup Campus||Arts and Allied Health, AAH 130|
|Tue, Feb. 25, 2020||5–7 p.m.||Puyallup Campus||Arts and Allied Health, AAH 130|
|Tue, March 31, 2020||5–7 p.m.||Puyallup Campus||Arts and Allied Health, AAH 130|
The Pierce College Nursing Program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) formerly NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326.