Full-Time LPN to RN Opt-In Application Process, Deadlines and Application Checklist
DTBD: Date to be determined. These dates will be updated as the application process continues.
- Application due September 20, 2021. No exceptions. Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than September 20, 2021.
- Applications processed and evaluated: Upon receipt until November 12, 2021
- Applicants notified of status: Estimate starting November 18 - 19, 2021
- Mandatory interviews for top applicants scheduled: December 13 and 14, 2021. Applicants will only interview on one of these days. Please mark your personal and professional calendar for these dates.
- Mandatory orientation for accepted students: DTBD
- All classes toward application may be completed the term in which you apply: Fall 2021
- Clinical passport requirements for admitted students: DTBD
- Classes start: Spring term - April 4, 2022
Important Application Updates
- We have eliminated our age out requirement. Therefore, there is no expiration date for prerequisites.
- However, you can retake a required class only once in the past 7 years to meet the minimum 3.0 grade requirement. Ws, NCs and Is count as a take.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for all prerequisite classes.
- We are now requiring a professional resume, not a functional resume as we have in the past.
- Prerequisite classes may be completed the term in which you apply. For the current application cycle, this is the end of fall term 2021.
- We will no longer require proof of Hepatitis B vaccination.
- No entrance exam is needed for application.
Any changes in the dates will be posted here and on the Nursing home page.
You may submit your application in person or by mail.
The campus is partially opened and buildings are accessible. You must fill out a visitor health check form the morning of your visit, wear a mask and adhere to social distancing guidelines. You can find the most current guidelines for campus safety procedures and the health check form on our Coming to Campus page. Applications can be dropped off at the nursing office on the Puyallup campus in the Arts and Allied Health Building - AAH 252 during nursing office hours only.
Nursing Office Hours
Monday and Wednesday (Stania Kasjan - 253-840-8355): 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Closed August 23, 25 and 30.
Tuesday and Thursday (Marjo Burdick - 253-964-6634): 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m.
If the hallway to the nursing office is locked during office hours, please contact us at the numbers above.
If you mail your application it must be postmarked no later than Sept 20, 2021. Mail completed applications to:
Pierce College Puyallup
ATTN: Stania Kasjan/Nursing
Arts and Allied Health Bldg. Room 252
1601 39th Ave. SE
Puyallup, WA 98374-2222
- Admission to Pierce College
- All nursing program applicants must have an active Pierce College ctcLink ID
- Apply at the Admissions web page .
- Former students need to reapply to reactivate their status.
- Processing of admission and issuance of student ID takes 72 hours.
- Be sure to activate your ctcLink account, which is part of admission.
- Pay the Nursing Program application fee
- LPN-RN Program: $50
- Payment must be made to the Pierce College Puyallup Cashier Office PRIOR to applying. A receipt indicating payment must be included with your application. Do not send the check to the Nursing department or include the check in your application packet.
- You can also pay online via the Simple Pay system. You will need to use your ctcLink ID number. Print your confirmation page and include it with your application as required.
- The Cashier's Office may be closed or operating with reduced hours on Fridays during summer term. Please keep this in mind if you need to contact the office with issues or questions.
- To ensure proper filing, please take care of payment early. Confirmation of payment must be included in your application packet.
- Nursing Program Application Checklist (include the following):
- Program Application form (all forms are on the application packet page)
- Receipt from Pierce College Cashier for Nursing Program application fee. If paying online, print payment confirmation from Simple Pay system and submit with application
- Documentation of prerequisite courses form (all forms are on the application packet page)
- Professional Recommendation form (all forms are on the application packet page)
- Personal Statement
- Professional Resume
- Include in packet: Sealed official transcripts from every college attended (excluding Pierce College), and an official high school transcript to confirm foreign language (if applicable). If the nursing program or the college already has an official transcript, then you do not have to duplicate this process. Please check with us if uncertain.
- Only if applicable: Course Waiver. Documentation of course equivalence and if course is not listed in course equivalency chart or taken out of state. This should already be completed and on file with the pre-nursing advisor. Do not wait until application as the results may disqualify you.
- For LPN to RN Opt-In Applicants Only:
- Required for application: Documentation of current unencumbered Washington State LPN License
- Official transcript documenting completion of LPN program
Review of Criteria
- Application must be complete, including all required elements from the checklist, for it to be valid and able to move on to Phase II.
- Please do not print on both sides of the page for the resume and personal statement, and please do not use card stock paper.
- Follow directions carefully - you will be awarded points for this.
- Application Scoring Rubric
Reminder calls will not be made if something is missing or if it does not meet criteria, the application will be invalid. The responsibility for a complete and accurate application is yours.
If you have questions, please call to inquire before turning in your application. Once we have your application, no changes/additions can be made. There will be no exceptions.