Application Process and Deadlines
All dates and deadlines below are to be determined, and will be added before the start of the next application period. The length of the application process can vary, but generally takes between four and five months.
- Kaplan Entrance Exam must be taken prior to submitting application, unless campus is closed due to COVID-19
- Application due. No exceptions. Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than due date
- Applications processed and evaluated
- Applicants notified of status
- Mandatory group interviews for top applicants scheduled
- Mandatory orientation for accepted students
- All classes for application completed
- Clinical passport requirements for admitted students
- Classes start
Important Application Updates
- We have eliminated our age out requirement. Therefore, there is NO expiration date for prerequisites.
- However, you can retake a required class only once in the past 7 calendar years to meet the minimum 3.0 grade requirement.
Any changes in the dates will be posted here and on the Nursing home page.
You may submit your application in person or by mail.
Pierce College Puyallup
ATTN: Stania Kasjan/Nursing
Arts and Allied Health Bldg. Room 252
1601 39th Ave. SE
Puyallup, WA 98374-2222
Department hours on campus change during the summer months. Please refer to the department's website as you plan your application timetable or follow-up questions.
If the campus is currently closed due to COVID-19, all applications must be submitted by mail.
- Admission to Pierce College
- All nursing program applicants must have an active Pierce College ctcLink ID
- Apply at the Admissions web page .
- Former students need to reapply to reactivate their status.
- Processing of admission and issuance of student ID takes 72 hours.
- Be sure to activate your ctcLink account, which is part of admission.
- Pay the Nursing Program application fee
- LPN-RN Program: $50
- ADN Program: $65
- Payment must be made to the Pierce College Puyallup Cashier Office PRIOR to applying. A receipt indicating payment must be included with your application. Do not send the check to the Nursing department or include the check in your application packet.
- You can also pay online via the Simple Pay system. You will need to use your ctcLink ID number. Print your confirmation page and include it with your application as required.
- The Cashier's Office may be closed or operating with reduced hours on Fridays during summer term. Please keep this in mind if you need to contact the office with issues or questions.
- Nursing Program Application (including the following is required):
- Program Application form (all forms are on the application packet page )
- Receipt from Pierce College Cashier for Nursing Program application fee. If paying online, print payment confirmation from Simple Pay system and submit with application
- Documentation of prerequisite courses form (all forms are on the application packet page )
- Professional Recommendation form (all forms are on the application packet page )
- Personal Statement
- Functional Resume
- Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam (include official transcript of score if not taken at Pierce College)
- Include in packet: Sealed official transcripts from every college attended (excluding Pierce College), and an official high school transcript to confirm foreign language (if applicable). If the nursing program or the college already has an official transcript, then you do not have to duplicate this process. Please check with us if uncertain.
- Only if applicable: Course Waiver. Documentation of course equivalence and if course is not listed in course equivalency chart or taken out of state. This should already be completed and on file with the pre-nursing advisor. Do not wait until application as the results may disqualify you.
- Required for application: Proof of at least the first Hepatitis B Injection, in a series of three, as it takes 6 months to complete the series
- Must have documentation from medical facility administering injection
- Second in series must be done prior to starting program
- For LPN to RN Opt-In Applicants Only:
- Required for application: Documentation of current unencumbered Washington State LPN License
- Official transcript documenting completion of LPN program
Reminder calls will not be made if something is missing or if it does not meet criteria, the application will be invalid. The responsibility for a complete and accurate application is yours.
If you have questions, please call to inquire before turning in your application. Once we have your application, no changes/additions can be made. There will be no exceptions.