Welcome to Pierce College Advising and Advocacy!
Our Advising Mission
Partnering with students and our local community to remove systemic barriers to education and create a learning environment where all students thrive and achieve their learning and career goals.
Our Advising Philosophy and Outcomes
In Pierce College Advising and Advocacy, we L.O.V.E. (Listen, Observe, Value/Validate, Embrace) our students to success. We care about your wellbeing as feeling, sensing, and thinking people. Through interaction with a student success network, it is our hope that you enjoy the following experience at Pierce College:
- Feel a sense of belonging and see yourself as a member of the Pierce College community.
- Engage in diverse learning experiences that broaden your perspective about the world and others and prepare you for new experiences after Pierce College.
- Feel connection to a career pathway that aligns with your personality and passion.
- Have a personal program map that is designed for you with tools that support program completion and career entry.
- Feel connected to a holistic set of resources and a financial plan to ensure your success.
- Take ownership of your educational and career goals with academic and professional skills necessary for success in college and career.
- Feel encouraged and empowered to engage with your Student Success Network to ensure you are on track, working through challenges, and reaffirming commitment to your journey.
You can expect us:
- To partner, dream, and design a career pathway with you
- To honor your unique perspectives and identities
- To connect you with people, resources, and tools that support your success
Get Started at Pierce College and Explore Your Career Interests
Connect to Your Pierce College Community
- EDI CARES – Affinity groups, TRIO, ASPIRE, AANAPISI and more!
- Fort Steilacoom Student Life and Puyallup Student Life – Clubs, student government, Food/Hygiene Pantry and more!
- Pierce Advocacy and Resource Connections (PARC) – Community resources and emergency support
- Student Support Center – All of your resources in one place
- Veterans Resource Center – serving our active servicemembers and military veterans