Pierce College at Joint Base Lewis-McChord has two (2) National Test Centers, providing services to active duty military members, spouses, dependents and civilians. We offer a variety of examinations to support the needs of our community for both higher education learning assessment and continuing education and certification assessments.
Our National Test Centers are located at the Fort Lewis Stone Education Center and at the McChord Education Center.
- Placement Assessment: The Pierce College at JBLM testing team can work with you to determine the best avenue of placement for you.
- CLEP: The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) helps you receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Each exam takes 90–120 minutes to complete and is administered in our test centers on a walk-in basis. The My Account portal at the CLEP website can allow you to purchase exams, study and send scores. One form of picture identification is required (CAC, Driver’s License, etc).
- DSST: DANTES Subject Standard Test (DSST) offers over 30 exams in college subject areas, which will help you receive college credit for what you may already know. Each exam is 120 minutes and is administered in our testing centers on a walk-in basis. Two forms of picture identification are required (CAC, Driver’s License, DEERs ID, etc). If you have taken a DSST previously, please bring your username and password to your session.
- Miller Analogy Test (MAT): The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is a high-level test of analytical ability that requires the solution of problems state as analogies. The MAT consists of 120 partial analogies that are to be completed in 60 minutes.
- Pearson VUE: More than 450 credential owners across the globe choose Pearson VUE to help develop, manage, and deliver industry standard examinations. A full list of these examinations can be found on the Pearson VUE website.
- Proctor: We provide proctoring services for those students who attend other institutions. Please contact our testing team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule your exam.
- Other: If you have an examination that is not listed, please contact our testing team via email at email@example.com.