Some services may be closed or unavailable in-person due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Governor Inslee's Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
Are you or is someone you know in emotional distress or suicidal crisis?
Local Crisis and Emergency Lines
- Pierce County Crisis Line - The Pierce County Crisis Line is a free service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week that provides immediate help to individuals, families and friends of people in crisis throughout Pierce County.
- Phone: 800-576-7764
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Phone: 800-273-8255
- Website: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Text Crisis Line -Text from anywhere in the United States, anytime. Crisis Text Line is here for any crisis. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds, all from our secure online platform. The volunteer Crisis Counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment.
- Teen Line - Teen Peer Mentors.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - Every contact to The Hotline is personal. Some people who reach out to us identify as survivors of abuse, some as concerned friends or family members, some as abusive partners seeking to change themselves.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network) - Call the National Sexual Assault Hotline to talk to a trained staff member from your local sexual assault service provider.
- Phone: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Website: RAINN
Are you LGBTQ+ and are in emotional distress, suicidal crisis, or just need someone to talk to?
- Trevor Project
- Call 1-866-488-7386
- Text 678678
- The Trevor Project website
Do you have a smartphone and want to download an app to help you manage a crisis?
- MY3 - App that connects to your contacts and puts 3 trusted contacts on speed dial, along with the National Suicide Prevention Hotline and 9-1-1
- Website: MY3
- BetterStopSuicide - Suicide prevention app that provides information and attempts to provide direction and calm if someone is considering suicide and doesn’t have anyone to call. This is a free app using world-leading psychological techniques and technology to stop people from committing suicide.
- Website: BetterStopSuicide