If you find yourself short of financial resources, we encourage you to reach out to Financial Aid — even if you never have before. Leave a message on their phone with details of your situation, or provide them in email. Counselors will research your situation and get back to you.
Are you a current Pierce College student in need of emergency help with transportation, housing, childcare or food?
We encourage you to apply for emergency grants through our Financial Aid or Workforce offices.
Financial Aid Office
Federal Emergency Grants offer a one-time payment to a debt for those who qualify. Contact the Financial Aid office at 253-964-6544.
State Emergency Assistance Funding supports current students with living expenses (not including tuition and fees) such as transportation, housing, childcare or food. Students must complete a request form and have a short intake conversation to submit their form. Funds are limited!
- Go to Workforce Connections for the request form and more details.
- After completing the application, contact Job and Career Connections for an appointment at 253-964-6265.
The Eviction Rent Assistance Program serves eligible Pierce County youth households who have at least one month of rent not paid or partially unpaid since March 1st, 2020. To receive these funds from The REACH Center, the head of household must be between 18 and 24 years old.
About the Eviction Rental Assistance Program
- Households are eligible to receive up to three (3) months of emergency rent assistance between now and December 31st, 2020, or until funding is no longer available.
- Rent payments due prior to March 1st, 2020, are not eligible.
- Funds are for rent payments only, and cannot cover utilities or any fees.
- Payments are made directly to landlord / property owners.
- Current household income (average over last 60 days) must be at or below 50% of Area Median Income (AMI). Income includes all adult (18 years and older) household members and unearned income attributable to a minor. A household is one or more individuals seeking to maintain housing together.
Visit the REACH Center website for more information and to apply.