two students looking in microscopes in classroom

Please contact the service provider to verify information as some services may have alternate hours and/or offerings at this time.

Do you plan to separate from the military in the next 12 months?

Are you looking for a job in the civilian workforce within the last 6 months of your military service?

  • The VIE-25 program, which stands for Veterans Industry Education, connects service members with career credentials during their last six months of military service so they may qualify for in-demand jobs right away.

Are you considering applying for Unemployment, Training Benefits or Commissioner Approved Training after separating?

  • WorkSource colocated staff assist students and community members with navigating unemployment, researching in-demand occupations, and programs on the Eligible Training Provider list.

Do you have questions about using your VA education benefits?

  • The Veterans Services Offices at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom and Puyallup act as liaisons between the College and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Our certifying officials will assist veteran students and eligible dependents by verifying their paperwork and submitting it to VA.

Are you looking for/interested in resources offered through Washington VA, not currently offered at the College?

  • The Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs offers a variety of resources and connections to local resources specifically for veterans, including employment, housing, education, obtaining documents and more. Connect now to find out if you eligible for Veteran’s benefits!

Do you need assistance with job search, career exploration or job readiness?

Are you looking for a job and need help with your job searching skills or are looking to explore career pathways?

  • Job and Career Connections can assist with career exploration, researching pathways, and in-demand occupations.

Are you receiving or applying for Unemployment, Training Benefits or Commissioner Approved Training?

  • WorkSource colocated staff assist students and community members with navigating unemployment, researching in-demand occupations, and programs on the Eligible Training Provider list.

Are you looking for funding resources and pursuing a professional technical degree?

  • Financial Aid reviews students for eligibility for federal and state grant funds and federal loans per the FAFSA/WASFA
  • Workforce funding may be available to those that qualify:
    • Worker Retraining — Are you receiving unemployment benefits or have received Washington unemployment benefits in the last 48 months, separated from the military in the last 48 months or will in the next 12 months, displaced homemaker, or are employed in a position that is not in demand or need additional training to remain employed and are pursuing a professional technical degree or certificate?
    • Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET) — Are you receiving assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and  pursuing a Professional Technical Associates degree or certificate?
    • WorkFirst — Are you a parent receiving cash assistance through DSHS and pursuing a Professional Technical Associates degree or certificate?
    • Opportunity Grant — Are you a Washington resident, pursuing a professional technical associates degree or certificate? If you meet financial need guidelines, call
    • Referrals for those eligible for Trade Act, Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) Workforce funding, or other outside funding sources.

Are you a current Pierce College student with a specific financial need?

  • Emergency Grant – Emergency Grants offer a one-time payment to a debt for those that qualify.
    • Call 253-964-6544

Are you looking for resources outside of Pierce College?

  • Referrals to 211 for Emergency Funding: Individuals can connect directly to 211 via phone or can work with a Workforce staff member to be connected to a 211 Navigator through the Common Referral System.
    • Call 211

Do you want to connect with the veteran community?

Are you looking to connect with other veterans enrolled at Pierce College?

  • The Veterans Resource Center is dedicated to providing veteran students, transitioning military, and dependents with information about various campus and community supporting agencies. We are dedicated to providing a safe and friendly environment for veterans to socialize, provide peer-peer support, and make informed decisions about educational and life goals.

Do you need mental health services?

Are you a veteran or know a veteran and in a mental health crisis?

  • The Veterans Crisis Line has specially trained responders ready to help you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The Veterans Crisis Line connects service members and veterans in crisis, as well as their family members and friends, with qualified, caring VA responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text-messaging service.
    • Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to talk to someone
    • Text 838255to connect with a VA responder
    • Online Crisis Chat

Are you a veteran and need high-quality, accessible and integrated treatment at a clinic?

  • The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Valley Cities, a clinic sponsored by The Cohen Veterans Network, Inc., a not-for-profit philanthropic organization, was created to serve veterans by providing high-quality, accessible, and integrated mental health care. All post-9/11 veterans and their families are eligible for high-quality, accessible treatment at the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinics. There is no cost for the care if you don’t have insurance.

Are you a veteran or a family member of a veteran and need access to free mental health care?

  • Give an Hour is focused on providing free mental health care to active duty, National Guard and Reserve service members, veterans, and their families through a range of services and programs including a resource center for the military and veteran community and connecting to a licensed provider