Financial Aid - Home
The Financial Aid Office is closed on Wednesdays for file processing.
The Financial Aid Office uses the Student Email System as official means of communication with our students. Please ensure you check your account regularly for notifications.
Financial Aid Staff will not be available for in-person assistance the following dates: May 16 - 17 and May 22 – 24.
Staff will be processing awards for Summer Quarter.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Financial Aid Portal
When you need to inquire about the status of your financial aid you will have no more waiting in line, or making phone calls.
Get accurate information immediately.
Just click Financial Aid Portal to access your financial aid student portal.
- Log- in to your financial aid account and find out the current status of your financial aid award for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Access financial aid forms and other important information posted from the financial aid office.
- Use your birth date (MMDDYY) as your password.
- This is a secure website, requiring your social security number for Username log-in.
Submit your 2013-2014 FAFSA at least one month prior to the following dates to allow time for you to submit any additional required documents.
The priority funding dates are:
April 26, 2013 for Summer Quarter 2013
May 1, 2013 for Fall Quarter 2013
October 1, 2013 for Winter Quarter 2014
February 3, 2014 for Spring Quarter 2014
Your FAFSA and all required documents such as Verification Worksheet, Loan Application and other documents must be submitted by the priority funding dates to ensure funding for the designated quarter.
Summer quarter 2013 is the start of the 2013-2014 school year. The FAFSA and Direct Stafford Loan Application need to be completed on an annual basis.
Meeting the priority funding deadline does not guarantee you will be eligible for aid, or that the aid you qualify for will be of the type or amount desired.
To receive financial aid at Pierce College, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Enroll in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Make satisfactory academic progress in your classes.
Estimating Your Eligibility
Note: Only students confirmed to meet all basic eligibility requirements who are enrolled in eligible certificates or degree programs will be awarded aid.
Federal Pell Grants:
- Please review your Electronic Federal Student Aid Report (ESAR) for fastest access to your anticipated Pell Grant eligibility. The ESAR is provided after your FAFSA is filed each year.
- Divide the annual Pell Grant total from your ESAR by three to calculate your estimated award based on full-time enrollment (12+ credits) in one quarter at Pierce College.
- Your Pell award will be reduced to 75 percent value if you are enrolled as a three-quarter- time student (9-11 credits) or 50 percent if you are half-time (6-8 credits).
Federal Stafford Loans:
- Refer to our Grants and Loans page for information to help determine your student loan eligibility.
- Loan application materials are available online through our financial aid homepage.
- If you borrowed at Pierce College during the 2011-12 award year, you will not be required to complete new "MPN" or "Entrance Counseling" for the 2012-13 loan process.
- If you are borrowing your first loan at first-year grade level, you are not eligible to receive loan funds until at least 30 days after the start of your first term at the college.
State of Washington Grants:
- You must meet the college's May 1 application requirements to be considered for State Need Grant funding for the 2012-13 award year.
- Due to funding allocation considerations, your are advised to consider your Federal Pell Grant and Stafford Loan to be the core of your award offers for 2012-13.
- Due to funding allocation considerations, we may have sufficient funding to renew 2011-12 state grants for 2012-13
- You will be notified of your State Need Grant or other state-funded grant eligibility at the same time you are notified by the college of your confirmed Federal Pell Grant.
School Code 005000
Student Account Inquiries
Award Processing Status
Please include your full name and student ID number with your email inquiry.
Recorded Voice Information
Priority Funding Dates
Pierce College School Code
Online Self Service Instructions
253-964-6427 (Fort Steilacoom)
M, T: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Th: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
F: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.