Center for Global Scholars – New Residence Hall
The Center for Global Scholars (CGS) is a new residence hall for Pierce College students, which opened in Fall 2016 quarter. This new residence hall is an interdependent global learning community for local domestic students and international students to promote cross-cultural understanding and academic success. Strong student support, unique learning opportunities and academic presentations with a global emphasis will be an ongoing part of this learning community experience. Students are well-supported with an onsite resident manager and 3 resident assistants, all of whom live in the residence hall to offer support, guidance and educational opportunities for student success.
- Fall 2017-Summer 2018 Residence Hall Application
- 2017-2018 Rates: Double Room $2,100 and Single Room $2,600
- Background Check for Domestic Students
Please complete Part A only and send with your housing application.
- Must be a student taking at least 12 credits
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must have proper student visa status (international students) or must pass a background check (domestic students)
- Married students and students with children are not eligible, so we recommend applying to apartments in the area.
2017-2018 Rental Rates for Residence Hall
|Quarter||Single Occupancy||Double Occupancy|
|Fall 2017 (3 months)||$2,600||$2,100|
|Winter 2018 (3 months)||$2,600||$2,100|
|Spring 2018 (3 months)||$2,600||$2,100|
Center for Global Scholars, Residence Hall
|August 15, 2017||Suggested application deadline|
|September 16-17, 2017||Move-in days|
|September 20, 2017||College closed for All-District Day|
|September 21, 2017||All-Student Orientation (11 a.m.)|
|September 22, 2017||College Student Orientation (11 a.m.)|
|September 23, 2017||Seattle trip for all-new students|
|September 25, 2017||Fall 2017 classes begin|
Payments for Quarterly Rent
The entire quarterly housing payment must be paid before you can move into your room.
How to Make Payments
To pay online, please use the e-payment system.
You can also pay over the phone by calling Cashiering at 253-964-6700.