Pierce College Foundation Scholarships
The Foundation awards approximately $140,000 in scholarship gifts every academic year, making a life-changing difference for the scores of students who are recipients.
Applying for a scholarship
These scholarships are awarded based on need, academic ability, artistic talent, vocational goals, and/or other factors. Information on newly funded and currently available scholarships here. Contact the District Scholarship Program Administrator by email or (253) 864-3261 for application information.
Scholarship applications for 2014-15 academic year are available here. Deadline is April 10.
- Enrolled in at least 10 credits at Pierce College fall quarter 2014.
- 3.0+ GPA as additional criteria.
- If you are a first quarter student, you may apply without a GPA.
- A one-page essay and letter recommendation are required.
- A completed FAFSA application on file with Pierce College Financial Aid 30 days before your application is submitted.
Application for all scholarships is made through the WashBoard.org. Creating a profile on the WashBoard.org site will automatically match you with scholarships provided by other organizations for which you qualify.
Additional scholarships funded by community organizations
2014-2015 Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
$1,000 renewable for up to four years, provided that renewal criterion are met.
5 p.m. PST on Monday, Feb. 24, 2014
Washington resident and currently enrolled in a WA state college or university.
Find out more information
American Indian Endowed Scholarship
$500 to $2,000 for Fall 2014
Feb. 1, 2014
Washington resident with close social & cultural ties to an in-state American Indian tribe or community. Download electronic application
Bill Stoner Scholarship
One $1,500 scholarship and one $1,000
March 31, 2014
Meet local residency requirements - see application 3.5+ GPA Demonstrated financial need. Download electronic application
Anderson Criminal Justice Scholarship
$5,000 payable over two years ($2,500 per year)
March 31, 2014
Attending accredited college offering Criminal Justice program Preference given to students pursuing a career in law enforcement. Download electronic application
Endowing a scholarship
Visit the giving page to make a gift or pledge today, or contact the Pierce College Foundation for more information on endowing a scholarship.
Scholarships at Pierce College, 2013-2014
- Athyleen Nicholson Endowed Scholarship
- Buster Brouillet Scholarship
- Dale McGinnis Scholarship
- Pierce College Foundation Scholarships
- Fuchs Foundation Scholarship
- Gonter Family Childcare Stipend
- Grace Koopmans Endowed Scholarship
- Horst Marshall Military Scholarship
- Jennifer Jamison Textbook Scholarship
- Joane Moceri Scholarship
- Kyile Lee Schreiner Memorial Scholarship
- Lakewood Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- Lora Kerns Scholarship
Nightingale Nursing Scholarship
Daniel Parker Memorial Scholarhsip
Pearl H. Baumgartner Scholarship
Peter Hartman Book Fund
Raider Athletic Scholarship
Richard A. Soileau Scholarship
Sharon Golightly Scholarship
Steilacoom Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
Steve & Sandy Wall Endowed Scholarship
Students for Students Book Fund
Carol Vanneson Memorial Scholarship
The Puyallup Fair Scholarship
Thompson Family Housing Scholarship
Wendy Mason Memorial Scholarship