Pierce College Foundation Scholarships
The Foundation awards approximately $160,000 in scholarship gifts every academic year, making a life-changing difference for the scores of students who are recipients.
The Biella Foundation has awarded each of the 34 community and technical colleges in Washington State $10,000 in scholarship funds to be used in the 2015-16 academic year.
This unexpected gift will allow the Pierce College Financial Aid offices help students with emergency needs in Winter and Spring 2016 quarters. Students in need of emergency assistance should contact either Financial Aid or the counseling office.
Applying for a scholarship
These scholarships are awarded based on need, academic ability, artistic talent, vocational goals, and/or other factors. Information on newly funded and currently available scholarships here. Contact the Scholarship Program Administrator by email or at 253-864-3212 for application information.
In order to apply for a foundation scholarship please visit TheWashBoard.org. Paper applications are available at the Financial Aid Office and can be submitted to the President's Office on your campus (FS/PY). JBLM and eLearning students please return your applications to the Fort Steilacoom office.
Applications will be accepted year round with the priority deadlines as follows:
- We are now accepting scholarship applications with priority consideration given to applicants who submit a completed application by November 4, 2016.
- Preference will be given to applicants who meet this deadline.
- Enrolled in at least 10 credits at Pierce College.
- 3.0+ GPA as additional criteria. (First quarter students may apply without a GPA).
- A one-page essay and letter recommendation are required.
- A completed FAFSA application on file with Pierce College Financial Aid 30 days before your application is submitted.
Creating a profile on the WashBoard.org site will automatically match you with scholarships provided by other organizations for which you qualify.
Endowing a scholarship
Visit the giving page to make a gift or pledge today, or contact the Pierce College Foundation for more information on endowing a scholarship.
Scholarships at Pierce College, 2015-2016
- Altrusa International of Tacoma Scholarship
- AmVets Auxiliary Scholarship
- Athyleen Nicholson Endowed Scholarship
- Buster Brouillet Scholarship
- Dale McGinnis Scholarship
- Pierce College Foundation Scholarships
- Fuchs Foundation Scholarship
- Gonter Family Childcare Stipend
- Grace Koopmans Endowed Scholarship
- Gregg & Cherry Tinker Scholarship
- Horst Marshall Military Scholarship
- International Experiences Student Scholarship
- Jennifer Jamison Textbook Scholarship
- Joane Moceri Scholarship
- Kyile Lee Schreiner Memorial Scholarship
- Lakewood Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- Lora Kerns Scholarship
- Pearl H. Baumgartner Scholarship
- Pearl Rose Education Scholarship
- Peter Hartman Book Fund
- Phil & Linda Yates Scholarships
- Raider Athletic Scholarship
- Richard A. Soileau Scholarship
- Sharon Golightly Scholarship
- South Hill Rotary Scholarship
- Steilacoom Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- Steve & Sandy Wall Endowed Scholarship
- Students for Students Book Fund
- Carol Vanneson Memorial Scholarship
- Thompson Family Housing Scholarship
- Wendy Mason Memorial Scholarship