Careers for students with training in environmental science are varied and diverse, and include such fields as teaching, research, and technical support.
Environmental Science Pathway
Pierce College's environmental science courses cover a wide range of important topics and issues, ranging from water quality to weather to environmental biology.
Environmental Science Major
Students seeking to major in environmental science are encouraged to take the following recommended courses:
- ENVS& 100: Survey of environmental science
- Geol& 101: Physical geology or GEOL& 110: Environmental geology
- Biol& 211-213
- Chem& 161-163
- Phys& 114
- Math& 151 and 146
- ATMOS 101: Intro to weather
- ENVS 140: Western water problems
- ENVS 150: Environmental issues
- GEOL 220: Earth resources and environment
- NSCI 150: Nature
- NSCI 160: Environmental biology
Apply to Pierce College
Get more information about Pierce College and our programs.