Who We Are
Welcome to Access and Disability Services (ADS). ADS is dedicated to ensuring access and inclusion for all students with disabilities at Pierce College. ADS serves students with either temporary or permanent physical, health, learning, sensory or psychological disabilities. Students partner with our office to establish services for their access and inclusion on campus.
Embedded in the core values of Pierce College is a commitment to ensuring access to a quality higher education experience for a diverse student population. Access and Disability Services (ADS) recognizes disability as an aspect of diversity that is integral to society and to our campus community. ADS serves as a partner in fostering an inclusive and equitable environment for all Pierce College students.
The Core Functions of the ADS Office
- Partner with students with disabilities to establish services for their access and inclusion on campus
- Manage, coordinate, implement and evaluate accommodation/service programs
- Serve as a resource to students/faculty/staff to ensure effective provision of services
- Provide educational and resource support to the campus community to increase awareness regarding how to create and sustain access and inclusion for students with disabilities in all aspects of the university
- Provide resource and referral information to the campus community and prospective students and their families
ADS works with each student individually to establish academic adjustments and auxiliary aids and services, more frequently referred to as academic accommodations. These accommodations eliminate the barriers impacting the student’s equitable access to the campus facilities, programs and activities. To find out more information about how to establish services with ADS, please reference our Getting Started section.
Please log in to the myADS system to get started with ADS or manage your accommodations online.