Pierce College Foundation Grants and Scholarships
Foundation scholarships are now available on our scholarship website.
Upcoming priority deadlines:
- October 31, 2018
- January 31, 2019
- July 31, 2019
If you’ve already received a Foundation scholarship for the 2018–2019 school year, you do not need to reapply. Your award will be distributed for three quarters. Please contact Nicole Ferris with any questions at email@example.com.
The Pierce College Foundation awards grants and scholarships every year to currently enrolled Pierce College students. Among the available funds provided by the Foundation are specific funding opportunities for:
- Veterans and military dependents/students
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) students
- Nursing students
- The Biella Foundation has awarded each of the 34 community and technical colleges in Washington State $10,000 in funds to be used for the 2017–18 academic year
Currently enrolled students in need of emergency assistance should contact the Financial Aid office to learn more about the resources available to them.
Applying for a Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded twice per year: once for winter and spring quarters and again for summer or fall quarter. Continue to check this website for updates on the deadlines for future scholarship applications. in the meantime, here are steps you can take to prepare your application materials:
- Identify a reference to write a letter of recommendation. This person should be a teacher, instructor, supervisor, or someone who knows you in a professional capacity. The application form will ask you to provide your reference's email address. Your reference will then receive an automated email notifying them that you (the applicant) have identified them as their reference for a scholarship application. Your reference will be able to submit their letter through the scholarship application link.
- Organize your thoughts on why you should receive funds from the Foundation. The application process will require you to either write an essay or answer a series of short answer questions. This is your chance to explain and answer the following:
- What are your educational goals at Pierce College? Where do you see yourself after Pierce College?
- How will a scholarship/grant impact your educational goals at Pierce College?
- What makes you an excellent candidate for a Foundation scholarship/grant?
- Know where and how to get unofficial copies of your transcripts, these are an application requirement.
- Verify your financial aid eligibility with the Financial Aid Office. All students are eligible to receive Foundation scholarships. All scholarships will be distributed within a student’s financial aid budget. For questions, call 253-964-6544 or make an appointment with a financial aid supervisor.
Community Scholarships Available
The following are scholarships available to students from community organizations outside of the Pierce College Foundation.
Washington State Fair Foundation Scholarships
The Washington State Fair Foundation is pleased to present scholarship opportunities to local students for continuing education. The following are scholarships for which you may be eligible.
- Fair Chance Scholarship — 14 Scholarships Offered Award Amount: $3,000
- Anderson Criminal Justice Scholarship — 1 Scholarship Offered Award Amount: $5,000
- Bill Stoner Endowment Scholarship — 4 Scholarships Offered Award Amount: $1,250
Students only need to submit one application for all our scholarships offered online. The application system will automatically submit applications for any scholarships for which you are qualified.
Horst Marschall Military Scholarship
- Deadline: March 10, 2018
Endowing a Scholarship
Visit the scholarship page for more information.