Talk to Your Librarians
You can still access the library support you need remotely during our campus closure. Find out more on our Online Library Ask Desk.
Need to Borrow Library Books, DVDs, or Technology Devices?
Curbside pickup of books, DVDs and other library items is available to students who are taking fall quarter classes and to District employees.
To borrow Chromebooks, WiFi hot spots, or calculators please contact Lori Broberg at the Puyallup campus (firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-840-8308) or Velvet Marlin at the Fort Steilacoom campus (email@example.com or 253-912-2311). For assistance with Canvas, student email, or using the equipment, please visit the Get Technology Help page in the Student Support Center.
Primo searches Pierce College collections and beyond
- ProQuest or Academic Search Complete for newspaper, magazine and scholarly journal articles.
- CQ Researcher or Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context for controversial issues or current events.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (Gale Books) for encyclopedia entries.
- WOIS for career research and planning.
- Films on Demand for educational videos
- Ebook Central or EBSCO eBook for ebooks you can read on your computer or mobile device.
Research and Help Guides
- Library research guides by subject, class, or area of research need
- Alphabetical list of more than 80 databases on a variety of subjects.
- Find a specific article, journal, or magazine
- Cite sources in MLA or APA
- Finding and evaluating scholarly journals
- Help connecting to library databases