Do you like assisting your fellow students? Do you like to be surrounded by books? Ever wondered what it takes to run a library? Would you like to learn new skills that will follow you no matter what library you visit?
Then check out your campus library! We have library aide positions that assist patrons (your fellow Pierce College students, Pierce College employees, and local area residents) with checking out books, scanning and copying documents, and locating materials such as books, magazines and videos. You will also discover the awesome resources that are available at Pierce College.
Whether this is your first job or your 15th, we want to hear from you. No prior library skills are required. You will learn while on the job. This is a great first job employment opportunity.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Effective communicator
- Able to follow written and oral directions
- Able to bend and stretch to reach high and low places
- Able to push fully loaded book carts (approximately 150 lbs.)
- Willing to use computers and learn how to navigate computer programs
- Willing to clean and help keep the library looking presentable
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to accept direction from others not in their direct line of supervision
- Culturally responsive to diversity and inclusion