Pierce College Science Dome
Explore the night sky, fly through the solar system, explore the universe, and learn about new astronomical discoveries.
The Pierce College Science Dome is a 58-seat digital planetarium that is the only one of its kind in the South Puget Sound region. This immersive and interactive facility allows visitors to view the night sky from anywhere in the known universe on a cloudy day, be immersed in an alien environment with breathtaking full-dome images, explore the Egyptian pyramids and so much more.
The Science Dome is used in Pierce College classes, is available for visiting pre-K-12 school groups, and is open to the public. It offers:
- Pierce College instruction
- Pierce College club events
- Public shows
- Field trips
- Special events
- Private shows
Public Show Times
All Ages Shows
Wed: 1 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. (summer only)
Friday: 7 p.m.
Saturday: 3:15 p.m.
Saturday: 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.
Class visits and field trips are available by appointment only.
Wednesday Double Features
Join us on Wednesdays in the summer for a double feature at 1 p.m. and 2:15 p.m.! $6 for a single show or $10 for two! The double features can only be purchased through the special links below or at the door.
- July 3, Wayfinders: Waves, Winds, and Stars & Undiscovered Worlds: The Search Beyond Our Sun
- July 10, Secret Lives of Stars and Solar Superstorms
- July 17, Planet Nine and From Dream to Discovery: Inside NASA
- July 24, Habitat Earth and Lamps of Atlantis
- July 31, Mysteries of the Unseen World and Chasing the Ghost Particle
- August 7, Dynamic Earth and LIFE: A Cosmic Story
- August 21, Space School and Black Holes
- August 28, Hidden Universe and Experience the Aurora
(Note: We are closed August 14 for an internal event.)
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
Rainier Building, Room 263
9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98498