Corrections Center Programs
Pierce College provides basic education and job skills training to inmates at state correctional facilities.
Cedar Creek Corrections Center
The Cedar Creek Corrections Center is a minimum security work facility located approximately 20 miles south of Olympia. Ninety percent of inmates at the facility work full-time with the Department Natural Resources' forestry crew or at various off-site and in-camp labor projects.
Pierce College operates an education program that offers the following:
- Basic skills and GED preparation and testing
- Vocational skills training
- Building maintenance. This 9-week course teaches the basics of plumbing, carpentry, heating and ventilation, electricity and industrial safety.
- Computer applications. This program covers Windows and MS Office applications.
- Anger and stress management
- Victim awareness education