Student success is at the heart of Pierce College’s mission to create quality educational opportunities for a diverse community of learners to thrive in an evolving world.
We celebrate people.
We appreciate the unique gifts and talents that come from diversity and lead to better outcomes.
We engage students, employees and community members in ways that respect human dignity and lead to equitable, inclusive experiences. Equity, diversity and inclusion are central to our strategic plan.
This is what we do:
- We are laser focused on student success.
- We are making daily progress on our mission to close equity gaps in access and in student success.
- We are transforming our college to meet the needs of the people we serve.
What matters to us?
- Supporting students to make timely progress toward their educational and career goals
- Broadening the circle to grow inclusion
- A culture of civility, dignity, safety and respect
- The diversity within our college community
- Working with an equity mindset
- Culturally responsive engagement
The pursuit of equity, diversity and inclusion recognizes that burdens and benefits are not distributed equally. This recognition comes with the responsibility to authentically address the historical impact this has on various groups. We can reduce this impact by fostering culturally responsive engagement as we learn, as we teach, and as we work together.
Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498-1999