Pierce College Honorary Degree Nomination Form
Awarded by the Pierce College Board of Trustees, the Honorary Associate's Degree is the highest form of recognition offered by Pierce College to persons of exceptional distinction.
All nominations must include a completed nomination form, nominee resume, and letter of support from an individual formally associated with the college (i.e. student, alumni, advisory board member, or employee). Nomination form should be no longer than 3 pages.
Submit by April 5, 2018 to:
Honorary Degree Nomination
Pierce College District
1601 39th Avenue SE
Puyallup, WA 98374
Direct questions to:
Office of the Chancellor 253-864-3104
Honorary Degree Purpose
- To honor meritorious and outstanding service to Pierce College and/or to the community at large.
- To recognize persons whose lives serve as examples of Pierce College's aspirations for its students.
The Honorary Associate in Arts (A.A.) is awarded to individuals who have made enduring, significant and noteworthy contributions to our community in one of the following areas:
- Educational Service: recognition of outstanding service that enhances educational opportunities for the area or that gives personal assistance that leads to the success of individuals in higher education.
- Humanitarian Service: recognition of outstanding altruism that enhances the quality of life for others in the area.
- Servant Leadership: recognition outstanding service that goes "the second mile" beyond the servant's paid job description in any area of leadership and that benefits others and/or enhances their leadership capabilities.
- Personal and Professional Accomplishments: recognition of overcoming personal obstacles to achieve goals that inspire other graduates to further achievement.
- Entrepreneurial Leadership: recognition of outstanding contributions to business/industry that impacts education.