Pierce College Fort Steilacoom Cascade Building

The Associate Degree for University Transfer

You can earn a two-year associate's degree at Pierce College and then transfer to a university to complete your bachelor’s degree; you can enter the university as a third-year student.

Intensive English Program →

No English language requirement

Pierce College → University →

2 years at Pierce College +

2 years at University =

Bachelors Degree


Masters and Doctorate Degree

Note: To enroll in classes in the University Transfer Program, students must demonstrate proof of English proficiency. Students whose English is not yet at college level are advised to begin in the Intensive English Program.

Majors at Pierce College

At Pierce College, you can complete the first two years of study toward a bachelor's degree in the following academic majors:

  • Business (including accounting, administration, finance, marketing)
  • Computer science
  • Economics
  • Education, physical education
  • Engineering (including aeronautical, bio, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, environmental, industrial, materials, mechanical)
  • Health sciences (pre-dentistry, pre-medical, pre-nursing, pre-occupational therapy, pre-pharmacy, pre-physical therapy), health education wellness
  • Humanities (including art, journalism, languages, philosophy, speech communication)
  • Performing arts (including vocal and instrumental music, drama, digital film)
  • Science and mathematics (including astronomy, atmospheric science, biology, chemistry, environmental science, geology, mathematics, microbiology, oceanography, physics)
  • Social sciences (including anthropology, archeology, economics, geography, history, political science, psychology, sociology)

Conditional Admission to University

Pierce College has developed conditional admission agreements with several partner universities. These university partners will offer admission to any student who is admitted to Pierce. (The offer of admission does not apply to certain majors.) The steps are:

  1. Apply to Pierce College
  2. On your Pierce College application, write the name of the partner university of your choice. Choose from these partner universities: conditional admission agreements
  3. Receive a letter of conditional admission from the university when you receive your Pierce College letter of admission.