Fort Steilacoom Overview
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom is part of Pierce College District, a community college district serving more than 24,000 students annually.
- Pierce College has become Pierce County’s 22nd largest employer with more than 830 full time employees.
- Pierce College Fort Steilacoom was recently ranked No. 2 in Washington and in the top 35 two-year colleges in the nation that produce the highest paid workers.
(MSN.com ranking. Graduates who earn an early career median pay of $35,800 and mid-career median pay of $62,900.)
- In an effort to reduce financial barriers students face in completing their degrees, Pierce College is expanding its use of open education resources. The college now offers a full associate of arts degree using only these free and low-cost online learning resources.
- Pierce College was named the top community college for veterans in the state by the Military Times – and No. 3 in the nation.
- Pierce College meets local workforce demands by offering three bachelor of applied science degrees in teaching, homeland security emergency management and dental hygiene. These programs lead students to high-demand, high-paying career pathways.