Pierce College Puyallup is part of Pierce College District, a community college district serving more than 24,000 students annually.
- Approximately one in five students from the county’s top 10 high schools attend Pierce College within one year of graduation.
- CNNMoney.com named Pierce College the most successful community college in the state, based on the percentage of students who graduated or transferred to a four-year college.
- In recognition of a strong commitment toward furthering the mission of community and technical colleges, Chancellor Michele Johnson received the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) 2016 Pacific Region CEO Award. The award is a result of her hard work and dedicated leadership that has strengthened the college’s ability to help students achieve their goals.
- Pierce College’s nursing program receives an average of 130 applications for only 30 openings each year. The majority of these nursing program graduates go on to serve patients in the local community.
- 17% (1,130) of Pierce College Puyallup students are enrolled in Running Start, saving parents money and getting students into the workforce quicker.