Pierce College Writing Center - Terms of Service Agreement
Last updated May 3, 2016
- I will be a courteous and respectful presence in the Writing Center, to both staff and students.
- I understand that writing tutors will help me learn strategies to become a better writer, but will not do my work for me.
- I will get in touch with the Writing Center at least 2 hours ahead of time if I need to cancel a pre-booked appointment.
- I will follow the attendance policies and procedures of the Writing Center as outlined below.
Attendance Policies and Procedures of the Writing Center
- Students must be registered in the Writing Center booking system (WCOnline) and agree to the Terms of Service Agreement in order to use the services of the Writing Center.
- Students are entitled to a up to two hours of booked appointments per week and up to two drop-in appointments per day.
- Appointments are based on a 50-minute academic hour. Half-hour appointments are 25 minutes.
- Students are allowed four cancellations or two no-shows per quarter before no longer being entitled to pre-booked appointments for the remainder of that quarter. Cancellations must be made at least 2 hours before the appointment or they will be considered no-shows.
Exceptions to any of the above policies will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Manager of the Writing Center.