graham-kapowsin high school

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there help available if I’m just getting used to Canvas and figuring out how to access online materials?

Yes, we’re committed to helping you succeed. The college has extensive support available to help you navigate Canvas and online sites. Visit our Elearning web page for tips and tutorials. Look to your instructor for direction.

What specific support services are available to Pierce College students at Graham?

Extensive support is available online. Visit the Student Support Center web page to find out to contact support services, such as tutoring and the Writing Center.

When will classes be offered at Graham-Kapowsin High School again?

A return to in-person instruction is anticipated for winter quarter (2021). Pierce College and Bethel Schools are working closely together to determine the earliest date that student groups can be safely welcomed back to the high school.  

Can I earn a complete associate degree taking courses at Graham-Kapowsin High School?

Yes, you can plan on earning a general associate degree taking courses at GKHS. The Graham courses were started to provide an opportunity for residents of south Pierce County who may not have transportation to get started in college.

Courses are offered in keeping with the requirements of a direct transfer degree, including one science with a lab course each year. Depending on your career pathway and program interest, you may need to choose to supplement Graham courses with online courses or program-specific courses offered only on a main Pierce College campus. Depending on course load, your pursuit of an associate degree would likely take longer than two years.

Many students enrolled in courses at Graham also take courses online or on other campuses, primarily at the Puyallup campus. Students often share that they travel to a main campus early in the day and then take evening classes closer to home or where they work to save time and money.

Can I register for Graham courses if I'm an already enrolled Pierce College student?

Yes. Currently enrolled Pierce College students may register online for courses by choosing “Graham” on the drop-down menu in the registration system.

How can I change classes if I’m already registered for the PUY campus?

Using the online course schedule and the registration/scheduling tools, you can add or drop a course offered at any site, including Graham.

Who are the faculty teaching Pierce College courses at Graham?

Pierce College faculty from the Puyallup, Fort Steilacoom and JBLM campuses teach the courses offered across the disciplines at Graham- Kapowsin High School.