1. Download the Pacific Northwest Dental Hygiene Institute Application (PNWDHI)
2. Complete the PNWDHI Application.
3. Collect the required documents below.
- Proof of dental hygiene graduation from a U.S. or Canadian accredited dental hygiene program:
- Licensed/graduated dental hygienists may submit one of the following and it must be notarized:
- Dental hygiene degree, or
- Dental hygiene diploma, or
- Official transcripts showing your Dental hygiene degree.
- Current dental hygiene students anticipating a June 2020 graduation (U.S. and Canadian) may submit the following:
- A signed letter, on official letterhead, from the dean/chair/program director from the dental hygiene program you are attending that includes:
- Verification of accreditation by the Commission on Dental Accreditation in the U.S. or equivalent international credentials) dental hygiene or dental program.
- Anticipated graduation date.
- Status as a student in the program, e.g., a student in good status.
- Note: If you are currently an international student enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian accredited dental hygiene program, we will accept you as a student in the PNWDHI based on your currently approved international student status at the other institution.
- Proof of vaccinations/immunizations and TB status.
- Proof of CPR card: Must be current during on-site attendance of course.
- Proof of Local Anesthesia Certification and/or passing of recent Local Anesthesia Board Examination – only if applicable.
4. Submit the PNWDHI Application with the above required documents in ONE envelope AND by the posted due date to:Pierce College Dental Hygiene Pacific Northwest Dental Hygiene Institute Attn: Director M. Hospenthal, RDH, MEd 9401 Farwest Dr. S.W. Lakewood WA 98498
|Course||Application Due Date|
|Restorative for Dental Hygienists||June 15, 2020|
Verification, Registration, and Payment
- Once your application is received, we will review it to determine if it is complete and verify your eligibility to attend the course.
- If you are eligible, you will be emailed the register and payment information for the full course fee.
- We do not allow “payment over time” or credit for these courses.
- However, any sort of financial aid, grants, scholarships, etc. that are guaranteed payment are acceptable.
- Full payment is the only way to secure your spot in the course.
- If it is not complete or you are not eligible, you will be sent an email telling you either it is not complete and what is missing, or you are ineligible for the course.
- In the event that the course is full, we will send you an email telling you where you are on the waitlist and asking if you wish to remain on the list for a last-minute cancellation.
- You will have a maximum of five business days to register and pay for the course after we notify you. Failure to pay within this timeframe may forfeit your right to participate for this course offering.
- You will not complete an admissions application to the institution, Pierce College. You do not need to be admitted to the college to take this course.
- We cannot hold positions for you to secure funding.
- The course is first come, first serve.
- This is course is highly competitive and each year we turn away several people due to the limits in maximum participants.
- The course fee is 100% refundable, less a 3% administrative fee, until July 1.
- From June 16 to July 1, it is 100% non-refundable if we are unable to fill the spot you vacated. If we can replace your spot, you will be 100% refunded less the 3% administrative fee.
- The course fee is 100% non-refundable after July 1 as the course begins on this date.
We HIGHLY encourage you to submit the application and supporting documentation, even if the courses are filled to capacity. There are times when students must cancel and if your application is in, we will place you on the waitlist for the course.