Circumstances may sometimes require that you withdraw from a class or need a refund.
To be eligible for a refund, you must first officially withdraw from the class. The amount of the refund depends on the date of withdrawal (the earlier in the quarter, the higher the percentage of refund).
It is your responsibility to initiate the paperwork to request a refund.
For refund dates, see the Academic Calendar
For classes that do not follow the regular college quarterly calendar (i.e. short term, early or late start classes) refunds are given on a timetable proportionate to the standard length of the quarter.
Requesting a Refund
To request a refund, visit the Registration office for, or download a Schedule Change Form. Once this form is submitted and processed, refunds are returned to the student in check form or through BankMobile.
Refunds are usually processed after the 10th day of the quarter.
Note: Course fees, as well as technology and recreation center fees, are also refunded according to the refund schedule.
- Canceled classes. If a class is canceled, Pierce College will give a full refund for that class. To receive the refund, students must submit a Schedule Change Form available in the registration office.
- Financial aid students. A federally mandated refund policy is applied to Pierce College students who receive federal financial aid. Information and examples are available in the Financial Aid office.
- Classes with unusual schedules. For shorter session classes that don't follow the college's regular calendar, refunds are made on a proportional basis. For information on refunds for online or hybrid classes, consult the eLearning website.
- Exceptions. The college registrar or other designee may grant exceptions to the refund policy in extraordinary circumstances, such as medical emergencies or military duty assignments. Requests for an exception must be submitted in writing with detailed supporting documentation.
- Debts to the college. If a student has an outstanding debt to the college, it may be offset against any refunds that students may be owed.
Receiving Your Tuition Refund
Pierce College delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Learn more about the BankMobile Disbursements process.
View our third-party servicer contract for refund management.