Pierce College Fort Steilacoom Cascade Building

New Employee FAQs

How will I be notified for orientation?

You will receive an email from Pierce College containing the date, time, location, map, parking pass and instructions for your scheduled orientation.

What can I expect at orientation?

  • Part 1: All employees will be given a variety of handouts and information related to ethics, campus safety, emergency communications, and employee intranet content; receive an overview on history, mission, value, organizational layout, intranet, district departments (Human Resources; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; Ethics; Campus Safety) and complete new hire paperwork. Once paperwork is complete, part time employees will be released to report to their supervisor/department to complete additional on-boarding.
  • Part 2: Full-time classified and admin exempt employees will receive a health benefits and retirement briefing. All admin exempt employees will be released to report to their supervisor/department to complete additional on-boarding.
  • Part 3: Classified employees will have an opportunity to learn about the Washington Public Employees Association from a union representative before reporting to their supervisor/department to complete additional onboarding. 

What should I bring to orientation?

  1. Employment Verification Documents. All employees must provide documentation that establish both identity and employment authorization. Your documents must be unexpired and original (no photocopies). Failure to do so within 3 business days from the date employment begins may result in termination. For a list of acceptable documents, please see the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.
  2. Direct Deposit Information. Employees electing direct deposit must bring either a voided check or bank routing and account information. Employees not electing direct deposit will have the option of signing up for a prepaid debit card.
  3. Vaccination Verification Documents. Please bring proof of your COVID-19 vaccination documentation. If you plan to request an medical or religious exemption and accommodation from the vaccine mandate, please let us know as soon as possible and we can provide you with the paperwork to complete in order to request the exemption.

Who can I contact if I need an accommodation request or have a question(s) or concern(s

Email or call 253-964-7342.