Pierce College issues refunds by check to the registered student, regardless of original payment type. Refunds of course fees will be given as follows:
- 100%: If a course is cancelled by Community and Continuing Education.
- 100% less $7 registration fee: When a student withdraws five (5) business days prior to the first class session.
- 0%: When a student withdraws less than five (5) business days prior to the first class session, after the class begins or does not attend (or stops attending) the course.
For information on the Pacific NW Dental Hygiene Institute refund policies, visit the dental hygiene website or call 253-912-3656.
The following items are nonrefundable:
- Deposits on courses/trips
- Clock hour/CEU fees
- Online courses after usernames and passwords have been issued
- $7 registration fee
- Amounts of $10 or less
If you have an outstanding debt to the college, the college may offset the outstanding debt against any refunds due to you.
Cancellation of Courses
Community and Continuing Education programs are supported by course fees; therefore, courses must meet minimum enrollments to cover costs involved. We cancel courses only when absolutely necessary, but we reserve the right to do so, as well as to reschedule courses and change instructors.
When courses are canceled due to low enrollment, we will make every effort to notify students by phone before the start date. Please make sure current day and evening phone numbers are provided at the time of registration. If a course is canceled, students may transfer to another course within the same quarter. If students choose not to transfer, they will receive a full refund.
Pierce College issues refunds by check to the registered student, regardless of original payment type.