Bachelor of Applied Science in Teaching Degree Pathway
Our new Bachelor of Applied Science in Teaching degree leads to teacher licensure with dual endorsements in both P-3 general education and P-3 special education. This enables graduates to teach children from birth through Grade 3. The degree was designed with the best practices in teacher preparation in mind and in collaboration with local school district partners.
BAS-T Information Sessions
- Thursday, August 16, 2018
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom Campus, Olympic Building, Room 181
Come learn about our new bachelor degree program with teacher licensure: P-3 General Ed and P-3 Special Ed. Pierce College BAS-T faculty will be on hand to answer questions and advise potential students.
Please bring copies of any unofficial college transcripts with you for review.
We are still accepting applications for the Fall 2018 full-time BAS-T program. Please contact Leiani Sherwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-912-2335 for more information.
The BAS-T program builds off the strong foundation of a professional/technical associate in applied science (AAS-T) degree in Early Childhood Education.
- ENGL& 101
- MATH 111 or another approved college-level math course
- AAS-T* in ECE or its equivalent
*An AAS-T is 40 core credits (humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, communications, and quantitative) plus 50 early childhood credits (some courses may count both as ECE and as core) for a total of 90 credits.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 in all education related coursework.
- Passing scores on the WEST-B or equivalent
We are now accepting applications for the Summer 2018 part-time cohort and the Fall 2018 full-time cohort.
- Applied to Pierce College. Be sure to choose the correct starting quarter.
- Submitted this BAS-T application.
- Submitted WEST-B (or equivalent SAT or ACT scores) to Pierce College.
- WEST-B must be taken no later than 3-18-18 for the Summer 2018 part-time cohort
- WEST-B must be taken no later than 5-13-18 for the Fall 2018 full-time cohort
- Submitted the Character and Fitness Supplement
- Submitted three (3) Professional and/or Academic References (2 of the 3 references should be from current supervisors or others who have formally evaluated your work)
- Submitted Personal Essay
- Submitted Response to Parent Email
- Submitted Resume
- Submitted Official Transcripts in the original sealed envelopes from all institutions previously attended (excluding Pierce College)
- Completed FAFSA or WASFA and any other applicable financial aid such as Washington Scholarships for Child Care Professionals, Washington Teacher Grants, and WashBoard.
Anticipated Schedule of Courses
BAS Part-time Cohort
|Summer 2017||Fall 2017||Winter 2018||Spring 2018||Summer 2018||Fall 2018||Winter 2019||Spring 2019|
|ENGL& 102||ISS 300||ECED 340||NSCI 300||ECED 370||ECED 485||ECED 485||ECED 485|
|ECED& 355||ECED 335||ECED 395||ECED 385||ECED 307||ECED 497||ECED 497||ECED 498|
|ECED 325||ECED 365||ECED 498|
|11 credits||8 credits||8 credits||8 credits||10 credits||15 credits||15 credits||15 credits|
|Classes will meet weekdays, beginning at 5:30 pm.|
BAS Full-time Cohort
|Fall 2017||Winter 2018||Spring 2018||Fall 2018||Winter 2019||Spring 2019|
|ENGL& 102||ISS 300||ECED 370||ECED 485||ECED 485||ECED 485|
|ECED& 355||ECED 325||ECED 385||ECED 497||ECED 497||ECED 498|
|ECED 335||ECED 395||ECED 365||ECED 498|
|NSCI 300||ECED 340||ECED 307|
|16 credits||16 credits||13 credits||15 credits||15 credits||15 credits|
|Classes will meet weekdays, beginning at 3:00 pm.|