The Student Agreement is an institution’s official evaluation of a Service member’s traditional and non-traditional credit sources and communicates what credits a Service member still needs to earn a credential.
As a Military Voluntary Education institution, Pierce College agrees to provide service members with a copy of their Student Agreement before nine (9) quarter hours of coursework are completed toward the chosen degree program.
To help us complete your student agreement, please complete the following steps:
- Submit your Military transcript, i.e., your JST and/or CCAF.
- Submit all official transcripts from other schools and score reports for non-traditional credit such as CLEP, DSST, and Defense Language Institute. All transcripts and score reports must be submitted for the Student Agreement to be completed.
- Select a program in your military voluntary education portal or through your servicing education center.
For members of the Army, we will receive a list of students from our DoD partners and process your student agreement in the order received.
For all other services, we will meet with you face-to-face, online, or via phone to develop your degree plan. You will need to connect with your servicing education center for degree plan approval.
For members of the Army, the following Pierce College degrees are uploaded directly into your ArmyIgnitED portal:
- Associate in Applied Accounting
- Associate in Business (Prof/tech)
- Associate in Criminal Justice
- Associate in Early Childhood Education
- Associate in Technology – General
- Associate in Computer Network Engineering
- Associate of Arts DTA
- Associate in Business DTA/MRP
- Associate in Pre-Nursing DTA/MRP
- Associate in Science Track l
- Associate in Science Track ll
All other programs require a manual student agreement form and direct upload into your ArmyIgnitED efile. You will also need to complete a course planner through your ArmyIgnitED portal. Please work with one of our Student Success Coaches and your AFCES counselor to complete your student agreement and course planner.
Resources Available at JBLM
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord Website
Resources include academic advising, GI Bill® information, financial aid resources, testing and more.
Resources for First Generation Students
Self Guides for Choosing a Career/Major
Military Student Resources
- Military Student Aid on finaid.org
- After Deployment wellness resources for the military community
- Education Section of Military.com
- Military One Source
- Real Warriors reintegration resources
- National Military Family Association