Our Advising Mission
Partnering with students, faculty and military community members to provide a quality educational experience to our service members, their families, and our local community.
What We Can Do For You
Advisors assist you throughout your time at Pierce College and ensure you're staying on track toward meeting your goals.
How We Can Assist You
- Educational Planning
- Transcript Evaluations
- Transfer Guidance
- Approve Program of Study
- Clarify Policies and Procedures
- Service Referrals
- Other Support Services
Prepare For Your Success
1. Advisors will ask:
- What is your ultimate academic/professional goal?
- How do your think a college degree or certificate can help?
- Do you consider yourself an online or classroom student?
- What are your family/work/personal commitments?
2. Research your goals and interests. Please visit these research options for assistance:
- Washington Career Paths
- Washington State Community and Technical Colleges
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
3. Complete the first four steps in the Getting Started Checklist prior to meeting with an advisor.
Getting Started Checklist
Step 1: Set up Your funding
Examples of possible funding include Army/AF Tuition Assistance, financial aid, MyCAA, VA Education Benefits, and the fee installment plan.
Please visit the Pay for College page for additional information.
Step 2: Choose Your Program of Study
Please visit the Degrees and Programs page.
Step 3: Complete Placement Assessment
The placement assessment determines your math and English starting point. Please visit the Testing page for schedules and study materials.
Step 4: Submit Official Transcripts
Submit the Transcript Evaluation Request Form once received.
Step 5: Meet with an Advisor
Walk-in advising is available or contact us at email@example.com.
Step 6: Register for Classes
Your funding source may determine your registration procedures. Please visit the Registration page for specific guidelines.
Step 7: Activate Student Email and Set up MyPierce Portal
All official communication from the school is sent to your student email.
MyPierce is your student portal. In MyPierce you may view your unofficial transcript, access your email, and view your financial aid status.
Step 8: Get your Textbooks
Please visit the Bookstore for required class materials.