Join the Pierce College Science Dome Club on Slooh!
What is Slooh?
Slooh is a system of robotically controlled telescopes in the Canary Islands and Chile. If you join our Pierce College Science Dome Club and Slooh, YOU will have access to these telescopes! Things you will be able to do on Slooh:
- Schedule time on telescopes to take your own pictures.
- “Piggy-back” on others' missions to take your own pictures.
- Complete educational quests to learn more about telescope images, science, astronomy, history and much more!
- Share your observations with our club.
- Participate in discussions with other Pierce College Science Dome.
There are three membership levels on Slooh:
- Student ($50/yr) — This is the most basic account, but the one we recommend for most people. You will be able to take unlimited snap shots of live telescope images and schedule up to five standard missions in advance from a catalog of 1000 objects.
- Apprentice ($100/yr) — This type of account is recommended if you want to delve deeper into astrophotography. In addition to everything in the Student account, you will also be able to reserve one advanced mission at a time from four additional catalogs of objects. You will also receive FITS image files for your missions.
- Astronomer ($300/yr) — This account is recommended for the serious astronomer. In addition to everything in the Student account, you can reserve up to 5 advanced missions by choosing from 19 catalogs of objects. You will also receive FITS image files for your missions.
By joining this club on Slooh, you will help support us in our mission to provide engaging science education to our community, as a portion of your membership fee goes back to the Science Dome. To ensure that your membership is counted properly please, join only through this custom link to Slooh.