Science Dome In-Person Conduct Expectations
Thank you for choosing to visit the Pierce College Science Dome. Our goal is to provide an educational, fun, and safe experience for everyone. Listed below are the policies and code of conduct for visitors. Please go over these policies with your group before your visit. If you have any questions please call, 253-964-6440.
The Science Dome is located at:
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
Rainier Building A Pod, Room 263
9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
- All visitors must fill out a Health Check Form prior to arriving on campus and bring confirmation with them (printed confirmation email or digital copy on a phone are ok.)
- Please arrive at the Science Dome 5 - 10 minutes prior to a scheduled program; there is no late seating for shows. Please do not arrive earlier than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled program and leave promptly after your program has ended. Due to COVID-19 restrictions we need to stagger the arrival and departure of different groups.
- All members of your group must be present before a group will be allowed to enter the dome.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask or other face covering while on campus, regardless of vaccination status.
- We must maintain a 3 foot physical distancing between individuals/parties. This limits the overall capacity to 30 individuals.
- The Science Dome is dark and needs to stay that way for an optimal experience. Excess light will degrade the experience.
- Please refrain from taking pictures or video of the show.
- Make sure all phones are turned off.
- Remind students that have shoes that flash to keep their feet still.
- When the lights go down in the Science Dome it is very dark.
- Please do not walk around or change seats when the lights are dimmed.
- During shows, visibility is low; do not leave anything in the aisles or walkways that would cause a trip hazard.
- Use quiet voices within the dome area and raise your hand for questions.
After booking a group visit to the Science Dome online, a passcode will be sent to the billing email address provided that will allow you to pay for your trip online on Ludus, our payment platform. If you do not receive the email with the passcode within five business days, please contact us. Your field trip must be paid for within two weeks of booking or by your visit, whichever is sooner.
If your group is going to be significantly late, please call us at 253-964-6440. If you miss your scheduled time we cannot guarantee that rescheduling will be possible.
Protect our grounds
- No food or drink is allowed in the Science Dome.
- Place all trash and recyclables in the appropriate containers. Please do not overstuff containers.
For School Groups
- Chaperones must stay with assigned students/youth, regardless of age, at all times while on Pierce grounds.
- Chaperones must be 18 years or older and wear a nametag that identifies them as a chaperone for the school group.
- We suggest that students wear a form of identification. For the safety of the students, please use only the school’s name on the tag, not the student’s own names.
- NOTE: It is essential that chaperones take an active role in the field trip! This means being with the students and supervising their behavior. Pierce College students are hard at work learning and taking tests, please remember to be quiet and respectful while inside AND outside the building.
Lost and Found or Lost Children
Check for lost items or report lost children at the Campus Safety Desk, Cascade 311, or call 253-964-6751.
Parking and Buses
Please place a visitor parking pass on your vehicle dash and refrain from parking in employee parking. Buses can drop off and pick up students along the south end of parking lot A in the double lane closest to the Rainier building. Buses should park in parking lot D on the far side of campus.