Some services may be closed or unavailable in-person due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Governor Inslee's Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
Do you need help finding childcare?
Are you looking for referrals or general resources for childcare in Pierce County?
- ChildCare Aware of Washington is a nonprofit that seeks to help every child receive high-quality childcare by providing resources and referrals to families.
Are you in the military and need childcare assistance?
- Military/DoD Childcare Assistance Program is a part of the ChildCare Aware program that caters specifically to the needs of military and DoD families.
Are you looking for childcare for pre-kindergarten children?
- Child Care Resources can help you find childcare that supports your child's unique needs and your family’s values, culture, work or other activities.
Do you have elementary school children and need childcare before and after school?
- YMCA Before and After School programs focus on safety, health, social growth, and academic enrichment for children ages 5–12.
- Right At School delivers meaningful curriculum that supports critical thinking, creativity, social-emotional learning, and more, through engaging, hands-on, FUN activities students love.
Do you need a list of items to look for when touring childcare programs?
Do you need help paying for childcare?
Are you looking for financial assistance or tax credits at the federal level?
- ChildCare.gov provides a list of a range of programs at the federal, state and local level that can help pay for childcare. These take the form of financial assistance or tax credits.
Are you looking for financial assistance and are a resident of the State of Washington?
- Washington State Department of Children, Youth, & Families provides a list of childcare resources and support services specifically for Washington residents, specifically childcare subsidy programs, the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP), and Head Start Preschools Program.
Are you in the military and need help covering childcare fees?
- ChildCare.gov also provides a list of assistance programs resources for each branch of the armed services.
Do you need pregnancy support services?
Are you currently facing an unplanned pregnancy and need help or resources?
- Care Net Pregnancy & Family Services of Puget Sound offers free and confidential ultrasounds, STD screenings, pregnancy tests, education on options, and parental support services to families and individuals.
- The Gabriel Project is a confidential and compassionate outreach service for individuals who are distressed over an unplanned pregnancy that coordinates with local parishes to provide support.
Do you live in Washington and need access to a wide range of maternity support resources and services?
- Pregnancy Aid is a social service agency that provides immediate confidential help to any woman, married or unmarried, in need of personal, practical, and emotional support at no charge.
- Call the Tacoma office at 253-383-4100
- Pregnancy Aid website
Do you live in Lakewood and need maternity support?
- Our Lady of Guadalupe is a maternity center located in the basement of the Catholic Community Services building in Lakewood.
- Call 253-582-3384
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Maternity Center website
Are you or do you know anyone who is experiencing child abuse or neglect?
Do you need to report child abuse or neglect to Child Protective Services (CPS)?
- Washington State Department of Children, Youth, & Families has intake numbers for reporting child abuse and provides resources and educational materials to prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Call 1-888-713-6115 (Region 5)
- Report Child Abuse and Neglect web page
Are you currently experiencing child abuse or neglect or know someone who is and need support?
- Olive Crest offers a variety of programs for those experiencing child abuse, ranging from fostering, adoption, and mental health support.
- Call 253-572-7888
- Olive Crest website