Some services may be closed or unavailable in-person due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Governor Inslee's Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
Are you LGBTQ+ and in are emotional distress, suicidal crisis, or just need someone to talk to?
- Trevor Project
- Call 1-866-488-7386
- Text 678678
- The Trevor Project website (chat online)
Are you transgender and are in emotional distress, suicidal crisis, or just need someone to talk to?
- Trans Lifeline
- Call 1-877-565-8860
- Trans Lifeline website
Do you need help signing up for insurance or understanding your medical benefits?
- Washington State Department of Social and Health Services — Apply for Medicaid (Apple Health)
- Community Health Care
Do you have Medicaid or are uninsured and need to find local health clinics?
- Washington 211
- Dial 211
- Washington 211 website
Do you have private insurance and need to find a provider?
Check the back of the insurance card for the customer service number or provider search engine on the insurance website.
Do you need immunization help?
Are you looking for low-cost or free dental care?
- Community Health Care Dental Clinics (multiple locations in Tacoma area)
- SeaMar Puyallup Dental Clinic
- SeaMar Tacoma Dental Clinics (three locations in Tacoma)
- The Pierce College Dental Hygiene Clinic offers low-cost oral examinations, preventative services, non-surgical periodontal services, and limited restorative care to Pierce College students, veterans and their dependents and active duty military and their dependents. This service does not provide emergency dental treatment.
Are you looking for low-cost or free gender-affirming specialty care?
- Community Health Care (multiple locations in Tacoma area)
Are you looking for HIV/AIDS services?
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Services (medical, dental, maternal, behavioral health) at Community Health Care (multiple locations in Tacoma area)
Are you looking for hours or information about the Pierce College Health Education Centers?
Are you on campus and need access to counseling services?
Are you looking for your own counselor or a counselor for someone in your family?
Clinics Accepting Medicaid and/or Private Insurance
- Greater Lakes Crisis Mental Health Clinic (Lakewood)
- MultiCare Behavioral Health (Puyallup)
- Comprehensive Mental Health (Tacoma)
- HopeSparks Family Services (Tacoma)
- Catholic Community Services (several locations around Puget Sound)
- SeaMar Community Health Centers (Tacoma, Puyallup, and Gig Harbor)